Thursday, August 20, 2015

Orlando Trip

Last week I tagged along with Chris to Orlando for his work conference. It was mostly work for him, but a lot of play for me. We were able to sneak off to the Universal Parks alone Wednesday night, and then we went back Thursday morning with his work folks. They had to leave early to be back at the resort for their first meet and greet, and I stayed behind at Universal to play. I loved the new Harry Potter stuff at Universal and rideing old school classics like the E.T. ride.

Made him pose, ha.

On Friday, Chris had a full day of work events so I made my way over to Disney's Magic Kingdom bright and early. I love all things Disney and had fun solo day there. I was able to catch a lot of the shows that I'd missed the year before.

 Photo Op with some Minnie Ears

Best Tiramisu ever from Tony's on Main Street

 The castle as I was leaving for the day

I added an Alex and Ani bracelet to my collection that I got in one of the stores in Magic Kingdom. It's the purple one in the pic above.

I also picked up the above tumbler to use for coffee. I thought it was cute without being too juvenile.

Saturday was my relaxing day. I went to the pool for a bit and took a long and glorious nap. Saturday night was the cocktail social and banquet. It was a fun night.

The theme was "Tommy Bahama" so I snagged Chris the shirt he's wearing at good ol' JCPenny. 

 Each seat had one of these light up sticks. Needless to say everyone was entertained by them.

I'm glad we were able to get out of town for awhile even if it meant it was a working trip for Chris. Now we are counting down the days to the start of football season and our Destin trip! Laters!


1 comment:

  1. Universal is on our to-do list but Disney is changing so much I'm afraid to go back and mess up the memories from our honeymoon. Glad you had a good vacay :)

    ReplyDelete